Road Traffic Accidents
Over here at Sheirs Solicitors, we have significant experience in Road Traffic Accidents, Accidents at Work and Serious Injuries.
A Road traffic accident is a very traumatic and stressful experience. We fully understand this, and our expert team promises to help you throughout the entire process.
A Road Traffic Accident involves a vehicle on a road or other public area which causes:
- Injury or damage to person - other than the driver of that vehicle.
- Damage to a vehicle - other than the vehicle which caused the accident.
- Damage to property constructed on, affixed to, growing in, or otherwise forming part of the land where the road is.
Claiming for a car accident, what’s involved?
Step 1: Contact us so we can assess your claim.
Step 2: If we believe you have a potential claim, we will pass this on to one of our specialist solicitors.
Step 3: If you are happy to proceed, our solicitors will help you to begin the “no win, no fee” claim.
Step 4: Once you instruct us, our solicitors will serve as your legal representatives and contact the other party (the party liable for your road traffic accident) to inform them a claim will be processed against them.
Your appointed solicitor will be your legal representative and assist and support you throughout the process.
How Long Do I Have to Claim After A Car Accident?
You have up to 3 years from the date of the accident.
Are there any exceptions to this rule?
- Mental Capacity – head injuries can lead to loss of mental capabilities which can inhibit one’s capacity for decision making. If normal mental capacity returns, then the regular time limit will again apply
- If they do regain mental capacity, the three-year rule then commences again.
- Children – you can claim on behalf of your child; under the age of 18. After that, they are able to make a claim with the usual time limit of 3 years.
No Win No Fee Car Accident Claims
We operate on a no win, no fee basis.
Meaning you pay us nothing if your claim is unsuccessful.
How long will it take to receive compensation for my Road Traffic Accident Claim?
Several factors can determine how long it will take for you to receive compensation. The length of your Road Traffic Accident claim will be determined by:
- Severity of your injuries – any serious brain and spinal injuries can take significantly longer. This occurs as it is vital to ensure all the future needs of the affected party are completely met.
- Uninsured drivers and/or hit and run drivers – if you have been hit by someone who had no insurance cover or someone who failed to stop. This could affect the length of the claim.
Serious or life changing car accident injuries
A Road Traffic Accident injury which has the potential to cause significant long-term damage and lifestyle changes. Compensation awarded will cover various costs such as, mortgages, rent, travel, care and treatment.
Sheirs Solicitors have unparalleled experience in managing all types of Personal Injury claims.
Our opening hours are 8:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
For expert advice and to have your claim assessed on a no win, no fee basis contact our team on 0333 789 1231 or Contact Us online now.
Follow us on Facebook